"why did you take some much bravelle".. are you kidding me?!

I went in for cd 11 ultrasound and bloodwork yesterday and it showed I had 8 follicles all ranging from 9mm to 15mm. I didn’t get to see my re but another one from his practice who is a very strange cookie to begin with. Today I went in for another scan after they told me to take another shot of bravelle to try and increase one or two of the follicles. They found I have 4 very large follicles with another one trying to catch up. I saw the same strange re today and he asked me “Why did you take so much bravelle?” REALLY! Because your office told me to thats why! Then my nurse chimes in that “we usually don’t start bravelle so early in the cycle”. :grr: If apparently it was too much medication and too early in my cycle then WHY on earth did they tell me to take it that way? I’m so mad right now that the “professionals” who told me how and when to take these meds are now telling me how its screwed up my cycle. They want me to come back in for another ultrasound tomorrow which I only see as a way for them to get more money since they cancel any iui with over 3 follicles and I have 5. The thought of sitting out a cycle after having to give myself all of those injections and the money I spent on meds just makes me irate!!!

I am angry for you…that is just ridiculous! Don’t you love how they make you feel like you’re the idiot when they told you to do it. Hopefully, you can salvage this cycle.

I had 3 this cycle but my re would have done the IUI with up to 6. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.:cross:

That is so idiotic and frustrating. I’ve been through similar frustrating situations which causes me to question the RE’s protocol and practice. Don’t you wish you could just trust your RE 100% rather than questioning everything they say and do and wonder if it is all a ploy for them to get more $$$$$$$.

What are your IF issues? Could you still try on your own without an IUI. At least it would be “wasted.” I would also ask why they want you to come in for another scan if your IUI is already cancelled. While your at it tell the RE’s they need to get their act together and get on the same page. Wow, I think I’m a little angry for you!

Good luck with everything!

They said they would continue my cycle if I am open to selective reduction. As of right now they feel I will have 4 follicles mature at the time of my iui if I go forward. They want to bring me in and see if maybe some of the follicles slow down or if others forge ahead. I don’t really know how I feel about selective reduction since they don’t do it until after there is a heartbeat and that bothers me. I really don’t want multiples at all so I don’t know if going forward would be a good idea at this point. I have no idea if all those follicles actually have an egg in them or not and they can’t tell me. We only have male factor infertility and they haven’t been able to find any issues on my side. We have alot of pondering to do tonight and I’m praying we get some good news tomorrow.

[QUOTE=bronzedragon]They said they would continue my cycle if I am open to selective reduction. As of right now they feel I will have 4 follicles mature at the time of my iui if I go forward. They want to bring me in and see if maybe some of the follicles slow down or if others forge ahead. I don’t really know how I feel about selective reduction since they don’t do it until after there is a heartbeat and that bothers me. I really don’t want multiples at all so I don’t know if going forward would be a good idea at this point. I have no idea if all those follicles actually have an egg in them or not and they can’t tell me. We only have male factor infertility and they haven’t been able to find any issues on my side. We have alot of pondering to do tonight and I’m praying we get some good news tomorrow.[/QUOTE][COLOR=“Blue”][FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=“3”]
You have some difficult decisions to make. :pray: you find the answers you need.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I know what you mean about selective reduction and multiples. Aside from the risks, I know I was more on board with the idea of multiples when I was trying for my first child. Now I struggle with the idea of juggling twins with the child I already have. It would be pretty overwhelming, I think, although I would take whatever blessing God had planned. I wonder if you could trigger and just do TI and with male factor issues that might reduce your chances of multiples, while still giving you a reasonably good chance of conceiving one baby. Good luck!

If this ruins your cycle, I would pitch a major fit. The LEAST they could do is not charge you for your procedures ("professional courtesy enough past or future visits to make up for it) or give you samples they get from pharm reps for the next IUI. It’s way too much money spent for them to brush it off. Also, all of the instructions given to you should be documented there in your chart.