Why I came here

Hello,

I just found out your forum via Google. I was looking for some place to talk about my infertility problems with people who could understand and not judge. Help if they can.

I have been trying to have a kid for 7 years now. I have polycystic ovary syndrome, which I discovered after two years without menstruations. The doctor gave me metformin and after about a year I became pregnant. I think it was the happiest I had been in years. I was shaking all over for a good 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at my 11th week. After that, I took a year off trying to have a kid because of the grief. I developed irritable bowel syndrome at about the same time and I could not take metformin anymore. The new doctor I started to see in 2009 gave me glumetza and after a while I started ovulating again, almost regularly.

Now my pms becomes so much like pregnancy symptoms that with all the hope (and the hormones-triggered over-emotions), it likes a mini-death each cycle. I have to pick myself up, month after month, and try to keep hope that one day it will happen. But it’s getting harder and harder and I really am scared of falling into a depression. How do you keep hope and positivity?

I just had my second artificial insemination (I’m sorry I don’t know the right term in english), but it still did not work. I wonder how many tries I should do.

So basically, that is why I am here, hoping to meet people who can reassure, inform, help, support or plainly read me. :wink:

thank you,

Eolianne

Hi Eolianne -

First off, let me say :welcome:. You have found a great place to find support. It is definitely an emotional roller coaster when all we want is to have a child. I suffer from severe endometriosis. Had 2 unsuccessful IVF, and now on my 2nd IUI hoping for a BFP… All i can say, Miracles do happen. And there are alot of women on here that have been successful. And there are other women, still holding onto that dream on becoming a mother. I would say continue to have faith, because that is what will keep you going…

Also, this forum is pretty huge so there are various places you can post and interact with people who are suffering with PCOS or doing IUIs… there is an IUI board under Infertility Treatments, feel free to go there and listen/share your story… and there is cause of infertility that has places where you can talk to women about PCOS…

we are hear for you, so good luck on your journey. Do not lose sight of your goal.

In terms of how many tries, it really depends on what you feel comfortable with, your insurance, and what your RE says… Some women do 1,2 to many IUIs before moving to IVFs… some women get pregnant on their 6th try. So it really is depending on many factors… Also does your husband suffer from any issues?

Acupuncture, ive been doing that and i heard it helps… It may work it may not work… Its pretty relaxing and gives you some confidence…

Remain positive, thats key, if not the depression will make matters worse and we dont want that. If you ever read the book The Secret – its speaks about the law of attraction… So if you speak positivity and what you want it will happen. Therefore, never be negative and speak that you will have a baby… and you will have it…

Good luck to you. Hopefully i was able to provide you some reassurance

[quote=eolianne]Hello,

I just found out your forum via Google. I was looking for some place to talk about my infertility problems with people who could understand and not judge. Help if they can.

I have been trying to have a kid for 7 years now. I have polycystic ovary syndrome, which I discovered after two years without menstruations. The doctor gave me metformin and after about a year I became pregnant. I think it was the happiest I had been in years. I was shaking all over for a good 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at my 11th week. After that, I took a year off trying to have a kid because of the grief. I developed irritable bowel syndrome at about the same time and I could not take metformin anymore. The new doctor I started to see in 2009 gave me glumetza and after a while I started ovulating again, almost regularly.

Now my pms becomes so much like pregnancy symptoms that with all the hope (and the hormones-triggered over-emotions), it likes a mini-death each cycle. I have to pick myself up, month after month, and try to keep hope that one day it will happen. But it’s getting harder and harder and I really am scared of falling into a depression. How do you keep hope and positivity?

I just had my second artificial insemination (I’m sorry I don’t know the right term in english), but it still did not work. I wonder how many tries I should do.

So basically, that is why I am here, hoping to meet people who can reassure, inform, help, support or plainly read me. :wink:

thank you,

Eolianne[/quote]

:welcome: This has a bunch of GREAT girls who are supportive! So you’ve found the right place!

2nd, i am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:

3rd, I keep my hope and positivity because i know at some point we’ll get our take home baby/ies. I have been trying for our 2nd child for 10 years, with the loss of triplets last year.

Last, come on over to the IUI section. There are a bunch of girls going through IUI’s right now or about to cycle. Here is the link http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/

My mother once said this to me, and I think of her words often… "you have such a strong, loving personality, and you can’t let having a child define you as a person."
Remember you are wonderful in your own right, with or without a child. Pray and hope for it, try and dare to try again, but don’t let it ruin your happiness. :slight_smile:

:grouphug:

it will get better

[QUOTE=eolianne]Hello,

thank you,

Eolianne[/QUOTE]
:welcome: and here’s a :grouphug: . I’m so sorry to hear you’re having a hard time. Infertility is definately a hard thing to go through. There’s a book that I recently bought that might help you cope with infertility better it’s called “Conquering Infertily” by Alice D. Domar and Alice Lesch Kelly. It teaches you various ways to cope - meditation, etc. Another thing they suggest is finding a counselo to talk to - they can help you work through your feelings.

I’ve had my various cycles with dealing with infertility - most of the time I was depressed, bitter, etc. Lately I have been working on trying to cope with things better. One thing that turned things around for me has been turning to the Lord and having faith in Him. He never gives us something that we can’t handle. He’s there to listen to you, to comfort you.

Hang in there. You have found a good place to turn to. This forum is a great place to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing as you are going through. Wishing you all the luck!

Thank you!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will look at the other sections of the forum as you suggested!

:slight_smile: