wondering about cost of embie freezing/thaw

Hi all…I’m new here and hope to be starting my first ivf late aug/sept. My insurance is great but doesn’t cover freezing storing or thawing embies. I have a feeling I will have to freeze and thaw due to pgd where I will need to do a staggerd cycle. I have no idea if we can afford freeze and thaw…I’m in nj and I’m sure location has a bit to do with it but was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of cost? Thanks in advance…

[QUOTE=jaye9]Hi all…I’m new here and hope to be starting my first ivf late aug/sept. My insurance is great but doesn’t cover freezing storing or thawing embies. I have a feeling I will have to freeze and thaw due to pgd where I will need to do a staggerd cycle. I have no idea if we can afford freeze and thaw…I’m in nj and I’m sure location has a bit to do with it but was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of cost? Thanks in advance…[/QUOTE]

Not sure what a staggerd cycle is.

But freezing and thawing can run from “free” to around $5,000 for the service. “Free” means it’s sometimes included in the fresh/stimulation cycle price.

Meds are almost never included, except in research cycles, but the good news is they cost much less for FET. Meds are usually under $1000, depending on which progesterone they use. Progesterone injections are pretty cheap, but some vaginal progesterone can get expensive.