worried about IVF

I’ve just started spotting today…usually a sure sign that af is about to start. This was our 4th IUI…and I’m scared about IVF. I’ve never been sedated. Is it terrible? Does retrieval hurt?

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and this spotting is implantation.

Sedation is awesome! I would rather them sedate me for all my dental work if I could convince them to do it. Obviously there are some risks though. I dont know about egg retrieval but I know that the sedation is the easiest part. My only problem after my endo surgery was that the sedative they used caused me to have flu-like muscle aches for about 24 hours afterwards, so that sucked… but otherwise it was a breeze.

I have been in the IVF world 6 yrs ago , I did my last IVF last JULY , it was nothing compared to 6 yrs ago.Sedation is great and the ET is like a pap smear.

Good luck ,it is not scary at all …(after all kids worth every pain )

[quote=Firefly78]I’ve just started spotting today…usually a sure sign that af is about to start. This was our 4th IUI…and I’m scared about IVF. I’ve never been sedated. Is it terrible? Does retrieval hurt?

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and this spotting is implantation.[/quote]

Your timing is about right for implantation to be occurring! Don’t give up just yet. :grouphug:

ER was no big deal. Sitting was vaguely uncomfortable for 24 hours or so afterward, but it was less painful than getting your teeth cleaned.