Writing a book about the donor egg process, need your stories

Hi there,

I am so happy I found this wonderful forum! I myself have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 yrs. It has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, with many ups and downs (mostly downs).

I am interested in writing a book about people’s personal experiences with all aspects of the donor egg process. I think a book of this nature would be really helpful for people who are considering this route after unsuccessfully trying to become pregnant through other routes. I for one may need to pursue this option in the future and would find a book like this extremely helpful.

Infertility is a long and painful journey. Many couples have lots of questions about whether this is the right choice for them, a book about this subject would help them greatly. Please contact me by replying to this post if you are interested in sharing your story and being a part of this project with me! You may choose to remain anonymous if you prefer.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Great idea…!!

I have two FET’s with OE and then moving onto DE if those fail.

I know I look to my friends who have used DE to see their journey and I know it eases my mind SO much…

Just like with POM Charms (see sigi), the idea is to break the silence and create unity amongst all of the strong people who go through fertility treatments to create their families!

Hi Omegagirl, it’s so nice to hear from you!

I haven’t gotten any replies besides yours so I’m a bit bummed. I was hoping for more responses because this subject fascinates me so much and I was excited to hear other people’s personal stories and what their journey has been like. There isn’t much information out there right now on the DE process.

I’m sorry for your lack of replies. For many ladies on this board, this is a VERY personal thing and is not to be shared with others…even the future child/children.

I personally am slowly writing a book myself. Interestingly enough, I’m not sure as to whether I’ll write about my donor egg experience or not. Some things are just too personal…and I’m not sure I want to share my child’s “secret” with the world before they know themselves.

Also, if you have not personally been through the process then your credibility among women who have will not be that great. I’m not saying this to hurt your feelings, but it is just the way things are. I’m just now begninng the process after being told last July that it was the way we needed to proceed…and I’m in the super early stages.

I would definitely encourage you to post and become active on the DEII board. Many, if not most, of the women on the board have endured so much and they are an amazing group!

Best of luck!

Hi Lucyddr,
Thank you for your input! You are right, it is a very personal subject and I understand why people would be hesitant to share their stories, even if it would be anonymous. I see now how women may not want to talk to me since I have not been through it yet. These are very good points and I appreciate your thoughts on why I haven’t gotten any replies.

My husband and I have been contemplating the DE process, just in case our attempt at IVF turns out to be unsuccessful. We had a lot of questions about it and no one to really go to for answers. In the end, we have decided that DE will indeed be our last step in this process. While debating on whether the DE route would be right for us, I was thinking that it would be nice to hear other people’s stories of their journey through it. That’s when I thought of writing a book about other people’s journeys. I understand now that it may take much more time to find people who would be willing to talk to me. Maybe when I’m going through it or have been through it, people will be more willing to talk to me about their experience.

I wish you the best of luck on your book and look forward to reading it when it is published! :slight_smile:

teri…check your personal messages…i think your book idea is great! many hugs!!!

Thank you SuzyQ23,

Your support is immensely appreciated! Many hugs back to you!! :-))

Excellent - I’d love to help if I can…
I was just interviewed on NPR and now that I’m “out”, I really want to help in whatever way I can.

You can see my basic story with my signature…
I’m currently on my 3rd attempt with DE after 4 IUI’s and 5 IVF with OE.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Kate

If you are interested, I could tell you my story. I don’t believe it is a typical DE story though. I have never suffered infertility. I came to DE through adoption heartaches. If interested, let me know. I’m an open book. I can either tell the story via pm or here, whichever you prefer.

Holly macaroni!!! You ARE blessed… and busy!

You need your own show! :slight_smile:

Penna

[QUOTE=luvbeingamom]If you are interested, I could tell you my story. I don’t believe it is a typical DE story though. I have never suffered infertility. I came to DE through adoption heartaches. If interested, let me know. I’m an open book. I can either tell the story via pm or here, whichever you prefer.[/QUOTE]