Yet another pregnant friend!

OMG! I feel like everyone around me is getting pregnant!

Last night I got a text from a very close friend of mine, asking how the baby making was going.

I just knew! I asked, “Are you pregnant?”

Friend: What?!?
Me: I feel like this is the conversation that leads to you telling me you are pregnant.
~pause~
Me: You are, aren’t you?
Friend: I am
Me: CONGRATULATIONS

Then I cried and cried, threw things, and cried some more. She has been trying for a whole three months!

Effin A, Man!

And a woman at work that I confide in often doesn’t understand why I am so sad. She figures I should just be happy for my friend, which I am. But it just reminds me how infertile I am.

Just wanted to rant. Thank you!:af:

Oh Mrs. Garrett! I am so sorry. There is not a lot to say except that it just sucks! You have a community of women here who do understand and support you. Hang in there and treat yourself kindly. Scream, cry, get a pedi :wink: whatever you have to do to get through it.

Thank you!

I just wanted to say I so understand. I was one of the first who got married in my circle of friends and now the only one that has no baby. I can’t stand it when they ask me ’ isn’t it time you have a kid now or is life too good for that?’

All I am say is hang in there we all definitely understand!! Hopefully our turn is just around the corner

MrsGarrett - So sorry. I certainly know how you feel (I think we all do). I come from a family of the most fertile women it seems and although I know that they aren’t flaunting it, it sometimes feels like that.

Within the last week I have found out that a friend and a coworker is pregnant. I have to force out a smile and congrats b/c I know that it is not their fault. It is really hard though!

Feeling your pain. In the last month 6 friends announced their pregnancies. So hard to hear every time. It’s like a knife in the side each time. I also was the first of my friends married as well.

Soon I am hopeful we will all be able to announce our success stories! :pray:

Good luck to you!

I as well understand all too well. My very best friend tried for a month and got pregnant. Her daughter is now almost 7 mths old. For as long as me and my husband have been trying we could have a three year old by now. We r patiently waiting for it to be our turn.

[quote=Melmel123]Feeling your pain. In the last month 6 friends announced their pregnancies. So hard to hear every time. It’s like a knife in the side each time. I also was the first of my friends married as well.

Soon I am hopeful we will all be able to announce our success stories! :pray:

Good luck to you![/quote]

Seriously? 6 in one month!? I am so sorry! I don’t know if I would be crying or laughing at that point.
I hope we will all get to make the announcement soon as well.

THANK YOU!

I have had a couple of friends tell me that I shouldn’t be upset when I hear about other women’s pregnancies. And, they are right that I shouldn’t. But I can’t help it! It is nice to hear from other women who understand!

I understand too, I am surrounded by pregnant friends and go to a church with very fertile people in it so there are always announcements and showers. We also got married first in our families and friend groups so it is really super hard to be truly happy…it’s quite bittersweet.

home daycare and me

Ms. Garrett.
I completely understand. I’ve had 2 good friends in the past month have their second babies. One of the was off BCP for one month. Lots of tears and no one to talk too. No support either by my family i.e. my mom. Found out 1.5 years ago my tubes were blocked. I am a x ray tech and had my Hysterosalpingiogram done at work. Even the Radiologist was in tears for me. Everyone for years after Jim and I got married kept asking when are we are going
to have kids. We tried for two years with no luck. Finally got the nerve to got to OB GYN. Found out my tubes were blocked and I had endometriosis. Now I don’t care I . just tell people the truth whenthey ask. Shuts them up. They don’t ask again even though the look on their face was utter shock that I really told the.the truth.